This Policy applies to products bought from Themart on lay-by. This Policy forms part of the Themart Terms and Conditions, so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
- A lay-by lets you buy a product you have chosen, and pay for it over a period of time while we hold onto it until it is paid for in full.
- When you choose the goods for Lay-By, you must pay a deposit of 50% (via EFT or Bank Deposit only) of the total value of the goods.
- The total period of Lay-By is 3 months and will not be extended.
- You may decide to pay more frequently if you wish and settle the Lay-By before the 3-month period.
- If you cancel the lay-by or full payment is not received by the end of the three months period from the day you made the initial payment, the item will be immediately placed back in our inventory to be re-sold, we will refund your deposit and all other amounts you’ve paid except for the 15% termination fee (15% of the total item purchase amount).
- If the product is no longer available Themart may cancel the lay-by and a full refund will be given.
- No goods will be delivered to you until full payment is received.
- By buying a product on lay-by you confirm that:
- The terms and conditions of this agreement have been presented and explained to you in a language that you understand.
- The risks relating to the agreement as well as your rights and obligations have been explained to you.
- Lay-by is not applicable on confectionery products (products that have an expiry date) and any product with the value of less than R500.
- Due to the nature of retail, specific items may be excluded from time to time.